Nearly a thousand people are killed or injured in Wasilla car accidents yearly. You are entitled to fair compensation for your losses if you have been injured in a car accident.
Broken bones, lacerations, and head and back injuries are some of the more common injuries in Wasilla car accident cases. The following are some of the most common causes of these car accidents driving while intoxicated, driving while distracted, mechanical faults and unfavorable weather conditions
If you were injured in a car accident, your car accident lawyer in Wasilla could file an auto accident lawsuit on your behalf. In most car accidents, the following people are at fault:
- Negligent drivers.
- Automobile manufacturers in cases of product liability.
- Government organizations.
Your attorney can also help by:
- Assisting you in receiving appropriate medical care and treatment
- Filing a claim with the appropriate insurance companies, and
- Discovering hidden value in your case to maximize financial compensation for your injuries
Common Types Of Injuries In Wasilla Car Accidents, And The Accident Causes
Unfortunately, car accidents are not uncommon in Wasilla. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1060 victims died in Wasilla motor vehicle accidents in 2019. The following are common types of traffic accidents:
- Collisions on the side,
- T-bone collisions, as well as
- Rear-end collisions
Car accidents in Wasilla result in a wide range of injuries, including minor and serious ones. The following are some of the more common injuries sustained by accident victims:
- Brain damage, including traumatic brain injuries,
- Fractured bones,
- Abrasions, and
- Back problems
While almost anything can cause a Wasilla car accident, the following are the most common accident causes:
- Inebriated drivers. Also known as drunk drivers, inebreated drivers are impaired and cannot react fast enough when the need arises.
- Drivers who are distracted. Distracted drivers could include those texting while driving and changing radio channels while driving.
- A driver’s carelessness,
- Poor road maintenance. Some potholes are not visible from a distance. If a vehicle hits a pothole at a highspeed, an accident could occur.
- Adverse weather conditions. When it snowing, the roads becomes slippery. So cars could skid and crash into other cars.
- Mechanical faults, and
- Over speeding.
It should be noted that there are times when drivers contribute to their car accident injuries. Victims in these cases may still be eligible for compensation. However, their compensation will be reduced due to Alaska’s comparative negligence laws.
Common Defendants In Car Accident Cases In Wasilla
If you were injured in a Wasilla car accident, a personal injury lawyer could help you file a lawsuit. Car accident cases are frequently filed against the following individuals and entities:
- Drivers who are at fault,
- Automobile manufacturers, in cases involving defective autos,
- Government agencies usually when they are held responsible for dangerous road conditions, and
- Proprietors of real estate
If you win your injury case either at trial or through an out-of-court settlement, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills and expenditures,
- Wage loss
- Lost earning potential,
- Property damage
- Suffering and pain
When a fatal injury occurs, the victim’s family members may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the party who caused the accident. Damages may include but are not limited to the following:
- Burial and funeral costs,
- Income that the deceased would have earned, an
- Compensation for the loss of companionship and support provided by the deceased
A Wasilla Attorney’s Role in Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury lawyers are extremely important in car accident cases.
For example, they frequently:
- Advise you on the applicable personal injury laws in your case,
- Manage your ongoing medical treatment and care,
- Communicate with your medical providers to obtain all pertinent medical records
- Collect evidence, for example, police reports to help strengthen your case
- Appoint experts to assist in the interpretation and explanation of evidence to a judge or jury,
- Negotiate personal injury claims with insurance adjusters on your behalf, and
- File a lawsuit on your behalf and appear in court on your behalf
Advantages of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer
Lawyers litigating car accidents and personal injury cases can help you receive fair compensation for injuries you incur. Attorneys understand the true worth of a case and can hold parties responsible for their fair share of responsibility.
Car accident attorneys can also uncover hidden value in a case to increase your final payout. Lawyers also handle the day-to-day administration and management of a case. This allows you to concentrate on your health and recovery from your injuries.
It should be noted that the majority of personal injury attorneys offer free consultations. A free case evaluation means you can get free legal advice. Furthermore, the attorney-client relationship protects your communications with your attorney. Lawyers cannot release these communications unless you give your permission.
Contact a personal injury lawyer if you or a loved one was injured in a car accident. They should help gather evidence, talk to witnesses, and chase the compensation you deserve while you recuperate at home or attend doctor’s appointments.
Also Read: Leaky Roof repaired as Soon as Possible