If you are using the Apple Store apps and are a little bored using them, then you can install the popular Google Android operating system on your iOS devices to get the taste of phone versions, the Android and the iOS. You will have to jailbreak the iOS devices in order to get access to the entire Google Play Store.
How to get Play Store?
There are a lot of jail-breaking options on offer on the internet. You need to choose one that will work on your iOS platform. All you got to do is to download the jail-breaking option in order to open up your iOS device to accept other platforms. You can use tools like Redsnow, PwnageTool or Balckrain to jailbreak your iPhones and iPads. By jailbreaking, you will be freeing the iOS devices from the Apple limitations and you get the chance to install applications from outside of Apple’s iTunes app store. To jailbreak the iOS device, you will need a computer, iOS cable, and the iOS device.
- Update the device to the latest version of iOS. Make use of the iTunes app store to update the iOS app on your device.
- You need to visit Settings and then the General option and finally tap on the Software Update to see if the device needs an update. If you are looking at full jailbreak of iOS, it is better that you do not update the device.
Full jailbreak of iOS
- Start your windows or Mac computers and download the Cydia Impactor and the Yalu102 ipa file on your computer. Save the files on your desktop.
- The iOS device needs to be rebooted.
- Go to the home screen of the iOS device and turn off the passcode and Touch ID options and also disable the Find my iPhone option.
- Connect the device to the computer using iOS cable and then open the Cydia Impactor.
- The downloaded ipa file should be dragged into the Cydia Impactor.
- You will be prompted to sign in to your Apple account by keying your Apple ID and password.
- The Yalu102 ipa will get accepted and the app will also get installed on the device. Wait for this process to finish.
- Once the app is installed, go to Settings option on the device and then tap on General option. Choose the Profiles & Device Management option and then look for the Yalu102 app. Tap on it and then choose the Trust option to enable the app.
- Open the Yalu102 app on your iOS device now and then choose the Go option to start the iOS jailbreak process.
- After the device is jail broken, it will restart and you will find the Cydia app on the home screen.
Installing Android on iOS
- Open Cydia and then tap on the Manage option and choose the source option. Finally, tap on Edit and then tap on Add to add a repository to download and install the Bootlace through Cydia.
- After the Bootlace is downloaded and installed, run it. Allow it to download and to patch the kernel. After this is done, reboot the system and wait for the iOS to reboot.
- Open the Bootlace once more and locate the OpeniBoot option and tap on it. The look for installing option and tap on it to start the installation. Now OpeniBoot is downloaded and installed.
- Now, it is time to get the final iDroid option on your iOS. This can be downloaded and installed from OpeniBoot. The iDroid is the Android app that is customized to work on iOS devices
Downloading APK file using Chrome extension
It is a very good idea to get the Chrome or Firefox extension if you are looking to download a lot of APK files. The procedure is as follows.
- First, add the necessary extension to your desktop browser. You need to provide your email address as this will be stored in the Google Chrome extension that is linked to the Google Play account. This can also be used on your device as the device ID.
- In order to get the device ID that you need to use to make Google Play work on your Android device, you should download and install the Device ID app on your device. This will show your Android ID when you open the app. Make sure that you use the email address and the password given in the device ID app to get access to the APK Downloader.
- After doing this, you just need to visit the Play Store and chose the app that you would like to download to your PC. There will be a ‘Download APK’ option next to the ‘Install’ or “buy” option. Click on the Download APK option for the app that you want and the app will get installed on your computer.
Also Read: Xfinity Internet
Play Store APK for Android
If you feel that your Android device does not have enough space to accommodate the Google Play Store app then you can always look to make use of the APK files directly from Google Play. You can install the APK files on your computer and later transfer it onto your device. You can also store the APK file in the cloud or a hard drive and then connect with it whenever you want to use the app. The following is the process to download the APK files to your PC.
Install the APK file on the Android device
- Go to the Settings option on your Android device and tap on the Security option and in that you choose the “unknown sources” option and enable it. This will allow you to transfer the APK file from your PC to the device.
- Connect the device and the PC using a USB cable and all the drivers will get installed automatically or would show up in the device.
- Transfer the APK file you have downloaded on your PC to the Android device and store it in the ‘downloads’ folder of the device.
- Use the File Manager app on your device and visit the Downloads folder to gain access to the APK file. Tap on the APK you have just downloaded and then allow it to get installed on your device.
- Once done, you should immediately visit the Security page of your device and disable the “unknown sources” option that you had earlier enabled.
- Now, the Google Play Store can be accessed on your device.