PVC or uPVC French Doors – Which is Better for Northern Ireland Homes?
Widely popular in the construction industry, PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) and uPVC (Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride) doors and windows are an excellent addition to any home in Northern Ireland. Especially, when it comes to improving the aesthetic appeal and security of a home, uPVC or PVC French doors and windows are the perfect fit. That’s mainly because French doors can complement any interior decor and add a touch of classic charm to properties.
Now, back to where we started – which is a better material between PVC and uPVC? Considering the differences, PVC is a strong, lightweight plastic material that is usually made softer and more flexible by adding plasticizers. On the contrary, uPVC is a rigid and durable material that is made without adding any plasticizers. Moving forward, here’s an in-depth explanation of both materials, including their features and benefits.
PVC Vs. uPVC Doors and Windows- Know the Difference
Although both PVC and uPVC materials offer extreme versatility and flexibility yet they serve different purposes. While PVC is mostly used to make fences and sidings, uPVC is used to manufacture doors and windows. Now, let’s understand the difference between PVC and uPVC French doors & windows in all aspects that will help you pick the right fit for your home.
- Durability: Compared to PVC Fench doors, uPVC doors are more durable and technologically more equipped to withstand all types of weather and climatic conditions.
- Ventilation: While uPVC doors and windows are highly resistant to UV rays, PVC doors are known to degrade due to prolonged exposure to the sun. So, if you are looking for doors and windows that can improve the air movement in your home and don’t fade or discolor even after getting exposed to the sun or harsh climate, choose uPVC windows in Northern Ireland.
- Strength: Although both PVC and uPVC doors & windows are made up of lightweight material, uPVC doors possess better strength, owing to their galvanized steel core.
- Security: uPVC doors are safer and more secure than PVC doors because uPVC doors come with a strong core and inbuilt multi-points durable locking system.
- Longevity: Given the longevity and durability of uPVC doors, most homeowners in Northern Ireland prefer installing uPVC doors and windows in their homes over PVC doors and windows. uPVC doors are a value-for-money investment, lasting for more than a couple of decades which is slightly more than the lifespan of PVC doors.
- Hardware: PVC doors are made up of brittle vinyl and that’s why installing new locks or handles can lead to potential cracks on such doors. On the other hand, uPVC doors are rigid and thus any new hardware like locks or handles can be installed on them without causing cracks or dents.
So, after having a detailed comparison between both the vinyl materials, we can easily make out that uPVC doors and windows are better than PVC ones. Moving further, let’s find out if uPVC doors and windows are really worth the hype.
Why Choose uPVC windows in Northern Ireland?
uPVC doors and windows are rare architectural elements that are premium in quality and affordable in price. Properties such as high energy efficiency, insulation, durability, and low maintenance costs are some of the properties that make uPVC fenestration products extremely popular amongst Northern Ireland homeowners.
Let’s have a look at the below specifications of uPVC doors and windows that led modern architects and designers to switch to uPVC fenestration solutions.
- Aesthetically Appealing: Available in several forms such as sliding windows, side-hung windows, sash windows, and much more, uPVC windows lend spaces a sleek and classic look. These windows perfectly match all interiors and color schemes, enhancing the aesthetic appeal of a property.
- Minimal Maintenance: One of the best advantages of installing uPVC windows in Northern Ireland is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money on their maintenance. It’s really easy and quick to clean uPVC windows. You just need a clean cloth and a uPVC cleaning solution to wipe off the dirt or dust from the windows.
- Cost-Efficient: uPVC doors and windows are one of the most economical fenestration solutions. Installing such windows and doors allows you to enjoy energy efficiency, durability, low maintenance, and premium aesthetics at affordable rates. Hence, uPVC windows and doors are really worth the money!
- Insulation: The rise in global warming has immensely increased the cooling costs of almost all households. So, if you are also suffering from warmer indoors that cannot be livable without an air-conditioning system, consider installing uPVC doors and windows at your home. The high insulation properties of uPVC windows and doors prevent heat ingress, keeping the property’s temperature at optimal.
Also Read: Professional House Cleaning Services
Now that you have read the entire blog, you know uPVC doors and windows are better than PVC French doors. Thus, if you are looking for fenestration solutions that are not only high in quality and cost-efficient but also highly resilient to weather and pollution, uPVC windows and doors should be your ideal investment!